Polls are now open for this year's WMSHP Board Elections! The voting deadline is just prior to our November 9th General Meeting.
- Stacy Brousseau is a 2013 graduate of Ferris State University's College of Pharmacy. Following pharmacy school, she completed a PGY-1 pharmacy residency at Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo. Stacy currently practices at Bronson as a clinical pharmacist in the Emergency Department, where she precepts pharmacy residents and facilitates an Emergency Medicine rotation for fourth year pharmacy students. Stacy is currently the chairperson of the MSHP Educational Affairs Committee and is actively involved in the MPA Education Task Force. She has enjoyed serving as a WMSHP board member for the past three years and is excited to further increase her involvement within the organization.
- Jordan Posey is a clinical pharmacist at Spectrum Health. These days, he teaches pharmacists how to use computers so that they can be prepared for Spectrum’s implementation of Epic in November. He used to work in emergency medicine and critical care at Spectrum and still misses being elbow deep in codes, intubations, and various bodily fluids (less so that last one). Jordan recently had the opportunity to take over as Treasurer for WMSHP and would be ecstatic to continue serving in that role.
There were no nominees for this position. If you are a technician or know a technician who would be interested in serving on our board, please contact any of our current board members.
- Tara Longman graduated from Ferris State University's College of Pharmacy in 2016 and recently completed her PGY-1 pharmacy practice residency at Bronson Methodist Hospital. Tara remained at Bronson after residency, where she is now working as a clinical pharmacist on the general surgery and cardiac surgery units. She continues to be active in the pharmacy profession, has special interests in infectious diseases and academia, and is excited to begin precepting students and residents on a new surgical rotation she is developing at Bronson. Tara has been a member of WMSHP since 2015 and looks forward to continued involvement in the organization.
- Julie Schmidt graduated from Ferris State University's College of Pharmacy in 2015. Following pharmacy school, she completed a PGY-1 pharmacy residency at Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo. Julie remained with Bronson after her residency where she currently practices as a clinical pharmacist on the neurovascular unit. She enjoys precepting fourth year pharmacy students and also being involved in the MSHP/MPA Public Affairs Committee, currently serving as co-chair. Julie has been a member of WMSHP since 2015 and is excited to further increase her involvement in the organization.
- Kyle Schmidt (Incumbent) attended Ferris State University where he completed both his Undergraduate Studies and Doctorate in Pharmacy. Following graduation, he accepted and successfully completed a PGY-1 and PGY-2 Pharmacy Residency. His PGY-1 Residency in Pharmacy Practices was at Charleston Area Medical Center in Charleston, West Virginia, followed by a PGY-2 in Critical Care at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. Kyle is the Neurocritical Care Clinical Pharmacist at Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital. He has been an active WMSHP Board Member for the past 2 years and has thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to be involved. Kyle would be honored to be re-elected and continue to serve the West Michigan Health Systems Pharmacists.
- Mitchell Stein (Incumbent) is currently a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care at Borgess Medical Center. He has stayed in Michigan throughout his education and career, and is dedicated to serving the West Michigan region. He received his Bachelor’s Degree from Western Michigan University, went to the University of Michigan for pharmacy school, and then came back to West Michigan to complete the PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency at Borgess. He has worked at Borgess since completing residency in 2015. Mitchell is currently serving as a board member, a position he has held since 2016.
- Natalie Washburn is a 2015 graduate of Ferris State University's College of Pharmacy. Following pharmacy school, she completed both a PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency and a PGY-2 Critical Care Residency at Eskenazi Health in Indianapolis, IN. Natalie currently practices at Bronson Methodist Hospital as a clinical pharmacist in the Medical and Neuro Intensive Care Units, where she precepts pharmacy residents and facilitates a Critical Care rotation for fourth year pharmacy students. Natalie is an active member of SCCM's Membership and Patient Safety Committees, has been a member of MPA since 2011, and is excited about this opportunity to join the WMSHP board since recently returning to West Michigan.