I hope everyone is enjoying what's left of the summer! Cross your fingers that the weather stays nice a little longer! It's hard to believe that September is already here. WMSHP has been on hiatus for a bit, but meetings resume this month.
Here's a quick update of WMSHP events:
- In May, WMSHP enjoyed another successful Spring Seminar. Attendees were presented with a diverse range of topics such as sickle cell pain, diabetes treatment, discussions from the Capitol, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and transforming care. Thank you to Angela Green and all of the WMSHP board members for making this event a success!
- In June, the WMSHP board met to plan activities for the year ahead. Look forward to some great programming in the months to come!
- In July, WMSHP members and their families enjoyed a social night out with the West Michigan Whitecaps baseball team. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate, but it was still a great time with friends and colleagues! Luckily, the Whitecaps were able to brave the rain and score a win over the Dayton Dragons!
- In September, we will kick-off our fall monthly meetings at Uccello's on the 17th. Hope to see everyone there!
- New this year, WMSHP will provide financial support for WMSHP members and pharmacy students interested in conducting community service projects that fulfill the Society's purpose of advancing public health, patient care, and the interests of the pharmacy profession in Western Michigan. Please review the community service grant application for more details!
As always, if you'd like more information about WMSHP, please visit our website wmshp.net.