Happy Holidays! During this hectic time of the year, I hope that everyone is enjoying time with family and friends and also hopefully enjoying some downtime as well! We had a lot of wonderful programming in 2014 and planning for the spring is already well underway. You should expect great speakers/topics in the year ahead!
In January, we welcome a new set of board members! For 2015, the WMSHP leadership is as follows:
- President: Kari Vavra (FSU)
- Past-President: Angela Green (Mercy)
- President-Elect: Rebecca Maynard (Borgess)
- Treasurer: Kim Melgarejo (Borgess)
- Secretary: Brad Miller (Spectrum Health)
- Technician: Ciji Marckini (Spectrum Health)
- Returning Board Members: Katie Adrian (Bronson), Ryan Bickel (Borgess), Kasey Bucher (St. Mary's), and Tara Holt (Bronson); Katie Axford (FSU) and Carrie Morrison (Mercy) are returning for a second term
- New Board Members: Stacy Brousseau (Bronson) and Allison Rider (Spectrum Health)
Additionally, a big "thank you" to Dana Staat (Spectrum Health) and Michael Michutka (Borgess) as they complete their terms as past-president and board member, respectively.
We've been on hiatus this month, but will return in January! Our next meeting will be held on Thursday, January 15 at Mangia Mangia in Kalamazoo. Tracey Mersfelder, PharmD, BCPS, who is a Professor at Ferris State University College of Pharmacy, will be presenting "A Traveling Pharmacist through Time and Place." Should be a great topic! Hope to see you there!
Finally, Save the Date! This year's WMSHP Spring Seminar will be held on May 5, 2015 at the Prince Conference Center on the campus of Calvin College in Grand Rapids.